Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you might like to meet my purple bear family. I used Jean Greenhowe's patterns. The little one is only two and a half inches tall. Happy knitting. PurpleV :p

Attachments

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
knits4charity said:
Cute....I like the teeny tiny vest on the white one!
It's actually a very pale lilac bear and it's a scarf in a fuzzy wool. They were gret fun to make. The tiny one was very fiddley. :p

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Purple V I bet I can guess your favorite color.I love purple . Purple & gold were my school colors.Your bears are so cute I bet the little ones were tedious. Glenda

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glnwhi said:
Purple V I bet I can guess your favorite color.I love purple . Purple & gold were my school colors.Your bears are so cute I bet the little ones were tedious. Glenda
You're right I love any shade of purple and pretty well all my clothes are that colour - even down to the underwear. Yes the little bear was was particularly fiddley to do, but I am thinking of doing one in 3 ply on very fine needles. I might need to use a magnifying glass. Happy knitting :p

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
frajo110 said:
I'm a bear collector and think these are great. Not sure I'd have your patience. Aaaaah another bucket list item.
They don't take very long to make. I can do the little ones in an evening. :p

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
frajo110 said:
My old eyes and hands give me fits with tiny pieces. The lack of patience is with me dealing with it. I can be a lost cause at times. :-(
I know the feeling, I've given up doing very fine embroidery. You'll robably find the large one ok, but don't do as I did and make it in a dark purple boucle - you can't see the stitches which makes the increasing and decreasing a bit difficult! Happy knitting. :p

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi purplev, I have used a white pillowcase on my lap under my knitting to make darker colors easier to see. Hold my knitting close to my lap for ease since my right shoulder is separated and the only way knitting doesn't hurt.

Will try the large one though and NOT in dark purple boucle. Thanks!
Frajo

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
frajo110 said:
Hi purplev, I have used a white pillowcase on my lap under my knitting to make darker colors easier to see. Hold my knitting close to my lap for ease since my right shoulder is separated and the only way knitting doesn't hurt.

Will try the large one though and NOT in dark purple boucle. Thanks!
Frajo
Thanks for the tip about the white pillowcase. I will give it a try. Started another bear today on UK size 14 needles (US 0) and fine tapestry wool. It's going to be very very small. I'll post a picture when it is finished. Happy bear knitting. :-D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom