Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is very frustrating when someone asks you for your help and you’re encouraging, really patient, selfless, and totally there for them and then one day instead of thanking you, they turn around and get mad at you for “trying to change them.”

Two things;

1. Don’t help them anymore. They are determined to be a victim. Until they change that, you’ll always be a villain...and so will anyone in their life.

2. Remember that you did help them, whether they ever realize it or not. You did good. But put that good somewhere where it is appreciated from now, on.
Written by;
-Doe Zantamata

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
scottishlass said:
It is very frustrating when someone asks you for your help and you're encouraging, really patient, selfless, and totally there for them and then one day instead of thanking you, they turn around and get mad at you for "trying to change them."

Two things;

1. Don't help them anymore. They are determined to be a victim. Until they change that, you'll always be a villain...and so will anyone in their life.

2. Remember that you did help them, whether they ever realize it or not. You did good. But put that good somewhere where it is appreciated from now, on.
Written by;
-Doe Zantamata
Glad to see this stated by someone who people respect. My son keeps getting into relationships with young women (his age, of course) that seem to fall into this category. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on and to let go. This quote is very reassuring, that I did the right thing. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom