Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my local yarn store recently and there was a knitted sock on display that had a really weird heel. Instead of a turned heel there was a line of decreases that ran diagonally across the top of the foot. I'm fascinated with this pattern and wonder if anyone knows how to do it.

· Registered
11,607 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup- that's the one and that's the 32 dollar book-there is a free pattern on ravelry that is similar so i have been thinking about trying it. Have you done anything like this? thanks for the follow up- that was nice of you to take the time - jojo

5mmdpns said:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tibetan-socks---coriolis

This may be the Tibetan Sock that you are looking for with a Tibetan heel.

http://scifiknitter.blogspot.com/2009/01/timely-tibetan-socks.html
This one has a clearer picture of the top of the instep (the topside of the heel). Cat B also is mentioned here with the name of her book that it is in. :thumbup:

· Registered
11,607 Posts
The Ravelry pattern I believe is the same pattern. The various yarns will show off the stitching better than some others. When you make it, you may want a solid bright color to really show it off. (Sorry it took so long to answer the orginal post you made but I only saw it today. I love to search on the computer for stuff I dont have.) I havent seen this sock before. It is very interesting!! No, I havent made this pattern. It is intrigueing though!! Good luck with this. :thumbup:

You could see if your local library has it or can get it in for you. Amazon also sells new and used books, check there. There are 40 sock design patterns in there as developed by Cat B. Nice book I may want to add to my library. Sigh, ... smiles, Christmas is coming!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom