Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yup, emailing is the only way once it's in iBooks. That's one of the things I don't like about it. From now on, it's probably more efficient to just save your patterns directly to Knit Companion. I rarely use iBooks anymore, I prefer PDF Cabinet.

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Sandy4cats said:
I see knitCompanion is now available for Androids. How do you like it? I see that there's an annual subscription cost, but it doesn't say how much.
I really like it. When I first got it, it was free and a version that did more was $15 which I purchased. It was a one time fee and no annual cost. I don't know what it is now. I use it for every pattern I knit. For me, it was worth the upgrade. Honestly, I don't know if I would be willing to pay an annual fee but others may feel differently. I don't think I would.

I will also suggest looking at Cabinet. It is very basic but does what we need. I don't know if it is also Android.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Cdambro said:
I really like it. When I first got it, it was free and a version that did more was $15 which I purchased. It was a one time fee and no annual cost. I don't know what it is now. I use it for every pattern I knit. For me, it was worth the upgrade. Honestly, I don't know if I would be willing to pay an annual fee but others may feel differently. I don't think I would.

I will also suggest looking at Cabinet. It is very basic but does what we need. I don't know if it is also Android.
It is available for Android, but they're very secretive about the cost.
You've got to go to the App first, and price is supposed to be available there.
I suspect that there are different prices for different countries.
Too many hoops to jump through for me....

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
susieba said:
what does Knit Companion do for you? How does it help?
Knit Companion is an app that you can look up in the App Store of your iPad. It will have a description and reviews because I am sure it does more than I will remember offhand. You can import a patt run to it and then you set up your project with a click. There are number counters for counting rows, etc. you have a line that you can move as you do each row in your pattern. You can make notes, highlight and other stuff. I had the free version for a long time and truthfully, often use the basics rather than the more advanced features. You can probably go to the website and look, also. Hope this helps some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom