Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,124 Posts
I never buy the 16 length. The needle tips are usually shorter and using them make my hand and wrist sore. I often use 24 inch size 7 circular needle. jinx

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hi, I happen to love the 16" circulars in size 7,8,10 1/2... as I use these to make hats in the round. Yes the tips are shorter, but it is my preference. Otherwise I tend to use 24" circular in 7 and 8 as I use worsted weight a lot. Of the straights I like the bamboo and I prefer the shorter 10" long ones, otherwise with the 14" I'm always bumping them into the sofa arm as I'm trying to knit. Good luck and have fun shopping. Oh, one more thing to remember, go for a better brand of circular or check the tubing that connects the tips. Be sure it is soft and pliable enough to move any which way. I have some much older ones and the tubing is so thick and hard I end up fighting with it while knitting. I also have some higher quality ones and it's like knitting on air, you don't even realize there's a connecting tube.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I love the Chiaogoo Red Lace needles for socks. I haven't tried thier bamboos. I don't care for the shorter circs as they cramp my hands. I would go for the longer cables to use for magic loop or check out a video of knitting with 2 circs.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
? bambo and wood is not the same thing...I just don't like the metal ones to slippery for my crooked hands...that's why I like the bamboo nice and slow,,making hats and mittens now for grandson ,,,winter will be here before we know it....I just love learning all these new tricks with knitting,,like changing colors with no knot...facinating...

ps my grandson made me this picture of me...my avatar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom