Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted pics of the 40's and 50's pattern books that I found in my sewing room. I have had several requests for copies of the different patterns in them. How can I safely and legally post them for others to use? I believe they are all out of print and one company doesn't exist anymore. I know there is a Vintage Pattern site that has all sorts of free patterns there to download so would I be breaking the law if I scanned them and posted the ones people want?

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Is there any mention of copyright in the pattern books? On the inside cover, or back cover, or at the end of each pattern? I have an old Columbia Minerva baby to 4 year old pattern book from I think 1968, and I checked and couldn't find anything about copyright. But someone more knowledgeable might have a clearer answer for you.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bea 465 said:
Is there any mention of copyright in the pattern books? On the inside cover, or back cover, or at the end of each pattern? I have an old Columbia Minerva baby to 4 year old pattern book from I think 1968, and I checked and couldn't find anything about copyright. But someone more knowledgeable might have a clearer answer for you.
No it doesn't. I just don't want Admin kicking my butt again!
:oops:

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Stablebummom said:
Bea 465 said:
No it doesn't. I just don't want Admin kicking my butt again!
:oops:
I don't think I would take a chance posting the patterns either, unless you had permission. Not worth bring down the wrath of Admin on your head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom