Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
mamiepooh said:
Bonjour Ladies,
I'm about to start the lace pattern on my Holden shawl and I don't know if I have to slip the stitch knitwise or purlwise in the SKP. Would it make a big difference ?
Good luck with it! Have frogged /tinked and bodged first pattern set. Am about to take a running jump at the second after 2 frogs! Life line essential! I WILL NOT BE BEATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
jean-bean said:
Good luck with it! Have frogged /tinked and bodged first pattern set. Am about to take a running jump at the second after 2 frogs! Life line essential! I WILL NOT BE BEATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you put markers between the repeats? If not, they might help. I just finished that shawl and used markers and had no problems. I don't think the pattern directs you to use the markers, I just always do when I am knitting lace.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I looked at the pattern in its French version and it says purlwise and in its German version it says knitwise and in English nothing said about slipping the stich one way or the other. I will swatch the 2 methods or should I say the 3 methods with the same needles # and same yarn and will see the difference once and for all. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
ElyseKnox said:
Did you put markers between the repeats? If not, they might help. I just finished that shawl and used markers and had no problems. I don't think the pattern directs you to use the markers, I just always do when I am knitting lace.
Will try that, but I have a good eye for pattern and think I have it right , but always seem to end up with not enough , or too many stitches on the left needle to complete the row! Tink tink tink! Needs more concentration hence my new motto " one row at a time". ( The chant of a knitaholic!)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
jean-bean said:
Will try that, but I have a good eye for pattern and think I have it right , but always seem to end up with not enough , or too many stitches on the left needle to complete the row! Tink tink tink! Needs more concentration hence my new motto " one row at a time". ( The chant of a knitaholic!)
More often than not when my stitch count is off it is because I have either forgotten or made too many YOs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom