Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These past few weeks I've been closely watching one of our beautiful butternuts get larger and larger. Being very curious to see what it weighed at this point, I took my kitchen scale to the garden. (You probably know where this is going ....) In the process of ever-so-gently lifting the one end in order to slide the scale underneath, the stem snapped. Could have kicked myself. Well, it weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. so far; curiosity satisfied. Trouble is, this beauty is still very light beige/lt. green. Grrrrrrr. Does anyone know if it will ripen eventually? I brought it in the house.... Thank you for any input. I've been gardening for decades, but still have to learn many things the hard way.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Yes! It will ripen. I often had to harvest all of my squash at one time when the weather turned for the worse in late Fall. I simply put my "green" / not fully ripened ones in the garage and within a few weeks --voila! Nicely ripened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom