Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received for Christmas some ICE ribbon yarn. It's not like any other that I have seen, it's very narrow and doesn't look like you pull it apart to knit in the holes. My question to everyone is: has anyone worked on this and if so how? Thanks

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
I've seen some of those ribbon yarns that are only about 1" when pulled apart. I imagine you could use it either way - like Leornoa said, like any other yarn - or spread out like the wider ones and catch every hole or every other hole along one edge.

It's not a ladder yarn, is it? Only one row of holes with 'string' on either side? If so, definitly knit like regular yarn.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
we saw a beautiful scarf made with this yarn. It was very masculine and my hubby thought it was great.. the one we saw was black and multi colored. I am guessing they did one row one color and the other row one color.. unless the yarn came that way.. I would try a vest, scarf, hat, pillow, something that is simple enough and will show off the yarn..I have some mode dea ribbon yarn that I am going to make baskets with.. I found a couple of patterns I really like I just need to get the appropriate needles to make them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom