Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising the net on how to resize a sock pattern and found the phrase: you can fold the sock to figure out where you want your heel and top of foot

The article did nothing to explain how to fold the sock and then how to use the information from the "fold" to determine heel and top of foot.

Would someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
The ones I've seen for this state that if you fold the sock in half at the back of the heel, the length to the top of the cuff should be at least as long as the length from the heel to the toe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
tdorminey said:
The ones I've seen for this state that if you fold the sock in half at the back of the heel, the length to the top of the cuff should be at least as long as the length from the heel to the toe. Hope this helps.
Ah, I can understand the principle, I think. If your foot is in proportion to your leg, a "foot length" of sock will reach the appropriate distance up your leg. To me, this presumes you already have a finished sock that is foot length, that you don't have disproportionately long, flipper length feet like I do, you don't want a short cuff because you like them that way, or you also don't want knee- or thigh-high socks. But, that being said, it is a nice tool to determine the length of the cuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom