Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting this pattern
http://www.purlbee.com/pebble-tank/
and am at the point Divide the Front and Back.
This is knitted in the round and my marker is where I joined in the round and it is at the side of the top. The instructions read "Knit 5, slip the last 10 stitches onto a stitch holder (removing the marker).....
If my round starts at the marker and I knit 5, should the instructions read slip the "next" 10 stitches onto a stitch holder.
Then it reads knit to next marker. How is that done if the stitches between the other knit stitches are on a marker. Do you join more yarn?

If you can advise, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The way I read this is that you slip the five stitches you have just knit in the new row with the last five stitches from the row before. This will center the armhole on the side of the pattern. So, no, don't slip the "next" 10 stitches onto a stitch holder.

·
Registered
32,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your fast response but I still am not sure i understand.

I am starting my round at the marker. So I would knit 5 and then slip those the next round?

m.r.b. said:
The way I read this is that you slip the five stitches you have just knit in the new row with the last five stitches from the row before. This will center the armhole on the side of the pattern. So, no, don't slip the "next" 10 stitches onto a stitch holder.

·
Registered
786 Posts
No, after you knit those five, slip those stitches and the five you knit before them from the row before (before the marker) for a total of ten stitches onto your holder. You can drop the marker at this time as it would have been centered in the middle of the ten stitches you just put on the holder. Does that help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom