Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the beutiful shawls ever since I joined KP.
I think this is one I can do without too much problem. I wonder if anyone has made this shawl. I haven't worked for a chart, but think I can follow this one. What I'd like to know is if this shawl can be inlarged by just continueing to knit following what I've already done. It may be large enough, but it not I'd like to add to the pattern. When you start with 3 stitches will you be starting at the point and going up? Thanks for any help, I'm sure I will get help from this wonderful forum.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can go to Ravelry and get the pattern. If you haven't joined you can do that and you don't get e-mail from them, but you can go on to the site and find many patterns.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
If I've looked at the correct Prism Shawl (but most of these shawls all start at the same point) the 3 stitch cast on is at the middle of the back of the neck.
So increasing the size by knitting more rows is no problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you mean the Prism shawl by Tanis Fiber Arts yarns, I've knitted it, very easy, biggest problem was finding the right yarn that auto striped. Also have done variations of it with different weight yarns. As Hilary said above, it starts at the middle of the neck and you knit downwards.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
When you start with 3 st. that will be the top of the center back. It will be clear when you take the shawl off the needles.
cook said:
I have looked at the beutiful shawls ever since I joined KP.
I think this is one I can do without too much problem. I wonder if anyone has made this shawl. I haven't worked for a chart, but think I can follow this one. What I'd like to know is if this shawl can be inlarged by just continueing to knit following what I've already done. It may be large enough, but it not I'd like to add to the pattern. When you start with 3 stitches will you be starting at the point and going up? Thanks for any help, I'm sure I will get help from this wonderful forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom