Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick fix for scratched wood (Be sure to test on an inconspicuous spot first.)
Take the still-damp morning coffee grounds from the coffee pot and rub them into the marks using a cotton swab.
Let the grounds sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then buff the area with a clean, dry cloth.
The dark coffee grounds will stain the woods so scratches all but disappear, leaving you with a table that looks flawless.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not drink that coffee either - but I certainly know people who do - who are throwing the grounds out all the time.... I would get some from them should I ever need it...

Registered
Years ago, we had a great-uncle who smoked cigars and my grandmother would ask him to save the ashes from his cigar. She mixed them with a little oil and rubbed the mixture into water marks on wooden furniture. This usually worked. Only one cigar smoker in the family now, so I guess I had better ask him to save some ashes for me.
Haven't heard of coffee grounds for scratches though, until your post. I have those coloring sticks which work pretty well. Depends on how deep the scratch is.

Registered
Thank you. Several days ago my cat flew over an end table but her foot dragged over the table on her destination. I am a serious coffee drinker and always have ample grounds. I'm going to try this fix today. It can't look worse than it does now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom