Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were looking after our four year old GD yesterday. We'd been grocery shopping and had left a bag of tomatoes on the kitchen worktop. When we came to make lunch the tomatoes had disappeared. We asked our GD if she knew where they were, and she had a little think then said "some bad guys came into the back garden and stole the tomatoes. They left tomato seeds all over my trampoline and swing". DH said he would get his binoculars and look at her tummy. She then said she was making a joke about the bad guys and she had eaten them all! We were amazed at the story she'd come up with, and even more amazed she liked tomatoes that much. She'd been to gymnastics that morning and must have been really hungry. You've got to laugh at the mind of a four year old.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Yes, they are clever indeed.
Reminds me of my number two GD when quite young. She kept on raiding the
cherry tomatoes from the bush in the garden. My son caught her in the act and said to her "Have you been raiding those tomatoes again?"
With her cheeks stuffed full, her little lips pouted & said "No".
Our son stepped forward, gently pushed her cheeks inwards, & out spouted a
stream of tomato juice with seeds etc. She couldn't argue with that result.
Kids, you have to love them, don't you?
Cheers
Moisey

·
Registered
881 Posts
When a family friend and a family had paased away we told our GS that they would meet in heaven and become good friends. GS said "no, because they lived in different towns and wouldn't meet. Lol out of the mouths of babes.

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
Lies.

·
Registered
15,745 Posts
The funny things kids say, not to mention what they love to eat. Years ago, one of my nieces, who was 5 at the time, loved to eat fresh tomatoes & bell peppers right out of the vegetable bin. Her mom would have to hide them from her if she needed them for dinner.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Aren't grandchildren great!!! :sm02:

I had my two oldest GD's over this week. And after we had lunch, I washed up a few dishes. And my 4 yr. old came over with her plate and asked me what to do with it. I told her to put it in the sink of dishwater. I went over to wipe the table, and when I turned around, she had her hands in the sink, and I asked her what she was doing. She asked me if she could wash the dishes. I said sure. The water was lukewarm by then, so I didn't worry about her being burnt. She washed her dish and asked for more. So I gave her some spoons, plastic bowl and Papa's plastic water glass. It was so much fun talking with her as she mentioned how the plastic bowls would float, but the spoons didn't. A fun learning experience for both of us... :sm24:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nussa said:
Aren't grandchildren great!!! :sm02:

I had my two oldest GD's over this week. And after we had lunch, I washed up a few dishes. And my 4 yr. old came over with her plate and asked me what to do with it. I told her to put it in the sink if dishwater. I went over to wipe the table, and when I turned around, she had her hands in the sink, and I asked her what she was doing. She asked me if she could wash the dishes. I said sure. The water was lukewarm by then, so I didn't worry about her being burnt. She washed her dish and asked for more. So I gave her some spoons, plastic bowl and Papa's plastic water glass. It was so much fun talking with her as she mentioned how the plastic bowls would float, but the spoons didn't. A fun learning experience for both of us... :sm24:
:sm02: :sm02: :sm02:

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
inishowen said:
Are you saying a four year old is a liar? Shame on you.
Seriously? Both my boys were glib liars at that age. They know better now, of course.
My daughter never lied, because she thought she was always in the right, so why lie about anything. She knows better now.
How can we teach our children how to be decent human beings if we refuse to see traits that need to be worked with?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom