Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sewed this quilt out of many different colored army uniforms, it's a Queen size quilt, I made it for my step son who was in the service many years, national guards and went to Germany for two years Plus many other places. Was quite a challenge at my age of 87. I had it machine quilted. Much love went into this quilt. I sewed many quilts and gave away most of them to my kids , grandkids, great grandkids an
d friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
You certainly are a wonderful artist and creator. Each of these squares looks like a beautiful medal of honor. What a loved and lucky man!

·
Registered
742 Posts
What a creative use of the uniforms. You took something that might have just hung in a closet forever and made a beautiful, useful item that can be admired and enjoyed forever. A wonderful way to honor this veteran.

·
Premium Member
20,216 Posts
What a wonderful gift! It's beautiful and packed with memories. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
I sewed this quilt out of many different colored army uniforms, it's a Queen size quilt, I made it for my step son who was in the service many years, national guards and went to Germany for two years Plus many other places. Was quite a challenge at my age of 87. I had it machine quilted. Much love went into this quilt. I sewed many quilts and gave away most of them to my kids , grandkids, great grandkids an
d friends.
Very nice quilt - I know he loves it.

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
d friends.
That is stunning! It’s huge! You did an amazing job. I can see this was a true labor of love. I am sure your stepson will treasure this quilt forever. You should be very proud of yourself for creating something so unique.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top Bottom