Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this for a Christmas present either for my sister or mum, not sure yet. I have another nearly finished almost the same but squares instead of rectangles. Big enough for 1 to snuggle under whilst on sofa. I enjoyed making this. I watched a tutorial on YouTube by Eleanor Burns. She is / was so funny. I have been trying to find out if she is still alive but not having much luck. I will definitely be watching more. This was made with the Moda regency romance range. Sorry picture is bit dark even with all the lights on but it is so wet, dark and miserable here today. I just did V lines of stitching from the centre outwards and some straight lines around the edge. Tried a bit of decorative stitching with the multi coloured thread too which I liked.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sdftrace said:
Amazing. Beautiful quilt. Thank you for sharing. Those rectangles are way beyond my capabilities.
I've only recently started quilting and love making jelly roll quilts.
Thank you. Please watch Eleanor's tutorial. It was so easy I couldn't believe it. I have been quilting less than 2 years.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
redquilter said:
Beautiful! As far as I know, Eleanor Burns is still alive.
Thank you. Most of the information I found as showing she was 75 years old but that was from quite a number of years ago. Quite a few sites would not open or said unavailable in my country. I am in the uk and find this on quite a few American sites, especially stores like Hobby Lobby.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom