Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Let's see if I can explain what I need. I took out the middle part of the "Little Miss Oni Blanket" that I'm making.That was the part that "Bubbled" on me. I got the bottom part reattached just fine, as I didn't have anything on my needles. Then I knitted some more onto it, to make it as big as what I took off. Now I need to attach this part to the upper part, that the middle was attached to. How do I do that? I have the bottom part on my needles. If I just knitted the stitches of the upper part onto it, they would all be on the same row, right?
So how do I get them connected, and also how do I stop without binding off. I thought it would be easy to re-attach when I was planning it. But now ---- not so much. lol Can anyone help, please? Sue

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
9sueseiber said:
OK. Let's see if I can explain what I need. I took out the middle part of the "Little Miss Oni Blanket" that I'm making.That was the part that "Bubbled" on me. I got the bottom part reattached just fine, as I didn't have anything on my needles. Then I knitted some more onto it, to make it as big as what I took off. Now I need to attach this part to the upper part, that the middle was attached to. How do I do that? I have the bottom part on my needles. If I just knitted the stitches of the upper part onto it, they would all be on the same row, right?
So how do I get them connected, and also how do I stop without binding off. I thought it would be easy to re-attach when I was planning it. But now ---- not so much. lol Can anyone help, please? Sue
Could they be crocheted together?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I agree with Sheralynn plus I think I want to drink wine with her! LOL

Check out this YouTube.

I think this would work but you would need to pickup stitches on the upper part that you want to attach too and you have to have the same number of stitches on both needles and then graft or Kitchener Stitch (same thing). Good Luch

·
Registered
239 Posts
jobailey said:

Check out this YouTube.

I think this would work but you would need to pickup stitches on the upper part that you want to attach too and you have to have the same number of stitches on both needles and then graft or Kitchener Stitch (same thing). Good Luch

The wine is necessary when you're knitting happily along only for your yarn to just end. When you look for what went wrong, the cat carefully bit through the strands and you have about 30 1-foot long pieces scattered tnrough the knitting basket!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Sheralynn said:
jobailey said:

Check out this YouTube.

The wine is necessary when you're knitting happily along only for your yarn to just end. When you look for what went wrong, the cat carefully bit through the strands and you have about 30 1-foot long pieces scattered tnrough the knitting basket!
Oh no!!! I think I would consider putting the yarn in some kind of plastic container with a pour opening to feed the yarn out of to protect it from the kitties!!! My pup's don't mess with it while I am knitting but let me walk away and it becomes their toy!

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
jobailey said:
Sheralynn said:
jobailey said:

Check out this YouTube.

Our little Shih-Tzu likes to lie down on whatever I'm making. Precious!

Oh no!!! I think I would consider putting the yarn in some kind of plastic container with a pour opening to feed the yarn out of to protect it from the kitties!!! My pup's don't mess with it while I am knitting but let me walk away and it becomes their toy!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all of you for the great suggestions. I did watch the You Tube Video, and I have done that once, grafting two strap ends together for a Tank Top. However, I couldn't quite see myself doing that for 164 sts. Anyway, I had such a hard time trying to get to a good place to insert my needles back in, that I finally gave up and frogged that part of the blanket. I should have done that right off. I would have saved sooo much time and effort. I should have finished the whole blanket by now, but with all my fooling around, I barely have 3 sections completed. I am so mad at myself. What I really wish is that I hadn't started this pattern at all. Soemone offered other Chevron Patterns. I wish I had taken her up on it. Someone also said this is a copletely reversible blanket. Well, let me tell you, mine isn't reversible. On the back of it, the stitches are going one way up to the kfb and the sl 1, k2tog, and psso and then after those stitches they are leaning the other way. If you stretch your imagination, it SORT of looks like a chevron in places, the rest of it, a big NOT. No one said anything in the pattern about the reverse side being that way, so I am assuming that it's my knitting. I just don't know what I would be doing though, to create something like that. If I didn't already have 3 sections done, I would frog the whole thing. The only thing that looks half way decent and I wouldn't frog is the Border. I made it a lot wider, or longer I guess,than the 6 rows called for, as My blanket will be way bigger than the pattern. I am so disgusted I don't even want to start knitting on it again. Oh well, live and learn, I guess. But, as I think I said on here once befor, I never seem to learn! LOL Thanks again for the help. I do appreciate it.
Sue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom