Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah--the weather was delightful in Shenandoah County, Virginia yesterday..the best of all days for a wedding...a perfect wedding...The following are pictures of the bride, Tara wearing her Wedding Shawl...and then a wedding picture of the bride and groom...Jess and Tara..

Attachments

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
She looks beautiful wrapped up in her MIL's lovely shawl and they make a very handsome couple. I'll bet all eyes was on that beautiful and fabulous shawl and the bride. Which is as it should be. I wish them every happiness in life. May God Bless their union.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DonnieK said:
She looks beautiful wrapped up in her MIL's lovely shawl and they make a very handsome couple. I'll bet all eyes was on that beautiful and fabulous shawl and the bride. Which is as it should be. I wish them every happiness in life. May God Bless their union.
Thank you so much for all of your kind words...while the travel into Virginia was testy at best...we sailed home without a hitch..and the affair was fantastic..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd like to thank everyone here on KP who had so many kind words to say over the last 3 days. Tara wants to have a little girl so she can add another date to the shawl's petals one day..so it will be handed down..how cool is that...especially for those of you contemplating making this shawl for someone dear. I used a gold metallic thread to sew the date into the petals. The thread was 8 ply and so I split it into 4 ply..now what I have left will be given to my DIL for the next addition in 20 years or so..

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
How wonderful! The bride looks stunning and the shawl is a perfect match for her wedding dress, did you know in advance what the dress was like? Your son looks so proud standing next to his wife, very handsome.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
auntycarol said:
How wonderful! The bride looks stunning and the shawl is a perfect match for her wedding dress, did you know in advance what the dress was like? Your son looks so proud standing next to his wife, very handsome.
I was clueless....and she really had no intention of getting a wedding dress, but doing things real simple...and then she stopped in a wedding store with her mom and that was the end of that story...Her mom --I believe--bought her the dress..I didn't want to tell her I was making something as one never knows when they might run into a pattern with questionable directions and then not finish in time if at all..

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom