Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used the Bernat "Baby Blanket" yarn to make one of the Gypsycream bears?

I have a large (10.5oz/250yd) skein of the yarn and was thinking of making a bear to go with a blanket. Since it's not the recommended size of yarn, I was wanted see: If you were happy with the results? / If one skein is enough? / What size needles you used?

Thank you for any input your experience can give.

Carol

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
It will depend on the yardage of the balls since I am not familiar with the yarn mentioned. But, you can make the bears out of any type of yarn and needles, just be sure that the stitches do not allow the stuffing to show through the yarn. I made a dog from her patterns from #5 chenille on size 5 needles and would not recommend that. The next one I make from chenille will be with a size 8 needle! But, I have made them out of pipsqueak, chenille, boucle, thin mohair type yarn mixed with #4 yarn, and some of her patterns I have even used velour with small sized needles. As long as the yarn does not allow the stuffing to shine through. Another thing also to remember when using other types of yarn rather than the furry type is that other yarns may not be as forgiving when it comes to stitching them up so you may need to be a bit more careful with sewing them up. That is all I can tell you. Hope this helps you decide. You could definitely make a pocket bear pattern with what you have I would think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom