Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No really, a nightmare... like actually woke me up from a deep sleep.....

Was dreaming I was sitting somewhere, waiting for something or another... and the person near me was knitting... some beautiful delicate lace thing... so i inquired about it... she said it was to be a sweater, as she handing it to me and it turned into a sleeve.... and it felt so soft I asked what the yarn was... she said some spun paper thing... as i got more intrigued, and was examining the "sleeve", i noticed a dropped stitch, and suddenly the hole got bigger and bigger.... and i started to panic, and she was also, and then I said no problem we can fix this right up... started to try to pick up her stitches and that is when i woke up freaking out!

Could not go back to sleep. I do not have any project like that in the works so it is not something i am working causing the nightmare... but now I wonder what thing in life i worked hard on that is going to start un raveling!

::head on desk in defeat::

:|

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Did you have something odd to eat or drink for dinner last night? Wow, what a heart pounding dream.

Last night I had one of those quick dreams that just flashes through your mind. I dreamed I fell down the stairs. Now, mind you, in Mexico, there is no carpet, so our stairs are very hard tile, with sharp corners.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
I don't think that it is something that you are working on that is going to unravel, more probably someone might ask you to help them with something intricate in their life that they are working on or trying to work out that is falling to pieces.

Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flitri said:
I don't think that it is something that you are working on that is going to unravel, more probably someone might ask you to help them with something intricate in their life that they are working on or trying to work out that is falling to pieces.

Good luck with it all.
OH, thank you! That does make more sense.. but still the whole nightmare was unsettling....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patsy Ruth said:
It could be that so many of us are asking for your help and advice with our knitting that you do not have enough time to finish your own projects. (Was there a rooster in your dream?) LOL. Just remember we do appreciate you. :) :) :)

Seriously, I agree it is probably something in somebody else's life that you will be trying to help with.
Oh wow Patsy... no rooster, and never too many question from students.. i love helping you all.. on and off line....

Maybe it was someones elses project un raveling and I need to help THEM.....

·
Registered
769 Posts
If this were my dream, I would note the error that wasn't noticeable except upon close examination then grew disproportionately. The mountain out of a molehill thing. And the paper, which is like skin, but also a very shortlived substance. And the sleeve, which covers an arm.
Have you ever tried fixing a bad dream? While awake, you just remember the dream and give it a happy ending. For instance, with this dream you could wave a magic wand over the dropped stitch so that it fixed it self. Your day will probably go much better after you fix a bad dream.

·
Registered
32,656 Posts
Rachel dear -- you are just dreaming about one of the workshops going b ad??? Certainly not one of yours. Dreams do seem to be tied in with things that are really happening. I wonder if the poster who said it was about answering a question was correct. I have those types of dreams too- - you wake up in a cold sweat! as my Mom used to say.

You manage to accomplish so much and you help a lot of people so that could be the root of your dream. You are a treasure! I guess the only answer is to not go to sleep. I tried that but it doesn't work! grin.

Shirley -

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
This is so like a nightmare I had! I dreamed I was having a wonderful time visiting with Dreamweaver (even though I only have her avatar picture to go by, somehow I knew it was her). I was admiring something very intricate she was knitting and asked to look at it. I was holding it and it suddenly fell off the needles. I was mortified and was madly trying to get it back on the needles without her noticing. That's when I woke up in a panic. I shared it with her, and she thought it was very funny.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
prismaticr said:
Oh my. ... I think I now know what it was about. .. or best explanation. ...

Our work server just failed. Lost everything I was doing. ...

Ie project un ravel......
and then in your dream.. you said "oh .. we can fix this!" so what ever is going wrong in your life, you are going to be able to fix it!... and keep in mind it could be something as simple as burnt dinner..lol

I'm curious about the paper yarn... maybe your subconscious is remembering a article you might of read then forgot...

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think your dream is just a reflection of the great respect you have for your fellow knitters. You wanted to admire someone's work, give it proper respect, and then got panicky when it accidentally started to unravel. It's something you'd never want to have happen in real life. Some dreams are about that--a way of dealing with fears about what might happen, but usually doesn't.

·
Registered
590 Posts
prismaticr said:

Was dreaming I was sitting somewhere, waiting for something or another... and the person near me was knitting... some beautiful delicate lace thing... so i inquired about it... she said it was to be a sweater, as she handing it to me and it turned into a sleeve.... and it felt so soft I asked what the yarn was... she said some spun paper thing... as i got more intrigued, and was examining the "sleeve", i noticed a dropped stitch, and suddenly the hole got bigger and bigger.... and i started to panic, and she was also, and then I said no problem we can fix this right up... started to try to pick up her stitches and that is when i woke up freaking out!

Could not go back to sleep. I do not have any project like that in the works so it is not something i am working causing the nightmare... but now I wonder what thing in life i worked hard on that is going to start un raveling!

I just love the idea of `head on desk in defeat'... In the UK one say `Don't let the b-ggers grind you down!' So be it. When the going gets tough...the tough get going!

This week I've dreamt twice of a friend I haven't seen for a little while (lives in UK). all good, happy, affirming stuff. God is in His Heaven.

·
Registered
398 Posts
prismaticr said:

Don't worry Prismaticr, its probably some residual stress from teaching us how to DK, lol. Happy knitting, always.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom