Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In new Knitter's magazine the pattern for a Caplet uses Red Heart Shimmer.
It is acrylic. I am worried it would be very stiff when knitted up.
Has anyone tried this yarn? Thank you

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
This is very soft yarn. The skein I had was supposed to be medium worsted #4 but, knitted somewhere between 3 & 4. Be sure to check gauge if trying to make something that needs to fit. For a shawl it should be fine.

·
Registered
32,687 Posts
There are so many worsted weight #4 yarns that knit up differently.

paljoey46 said:
This is very soft yarn. The skein I had was supposed to be medium worsted #4 but, knitted somewhere between 3 & 4. Be sure to check gauge if trying to make something that needs to fit. For a shawl it should be fine.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree here, my shimmer is closer to a dk weight, but am using it for lacy fingerless mitts so it is working out fine and is fairly soft. I am sure after washing with conditioner they will soften up even more. It is a very pretty yarn with a subtle shimmer. Aptly named.

paljoey46 said:

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Whippetldy said:
In new Knitter's magazine the pattern for a Caplet uses Red Heart Shimmer.
It is acrylic. I am worried it would be very stiff when knitted up.
Has anyone tried this yarn? Thank you
I knitted a hat , mittens and a scarf for my GD. Also, I made knitted a shaw for my sister. They were very nice and soft and held up well, for kids. LOL :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom