Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still need help. Making regular guy beanie... Having trouble with decrease rounds.. Using 4 dpn's .. Cast on 84
Decrease rounds
Round 1:*k12,k2tog, repeat from*
Round 2: knit all
Round 3: *knit 11,k2tog, repeat from *
Round 4: knit all
At end of 1st round ending up with 20 stitches in 2 needles and 19 on 2 needles(78) sts.
At end of 3rd row I end up with 72 stitches
Does this seem right??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure you are decreasing every time, and not skipping a decrease. I frequently put a stitch marker at the end of each group of stitches, knowing that I decrease one stitch right before the marker. That way I can make sure of where I am decreasing or forgetting to decrease.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
On the last row before my first decrease row I place markers, in this casse every 12 stitches, then I only need to knit till 2 stitches before a marker and knit 2 together , around and around until i need to switch from circ to dp for a few rows. saves conting and frogging!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom