Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm NonaN. I have knitted for years, but have been unable to get started lately. If anyone has a pattern for a Christmas ornament that is a knitted sweater with toothpicks in it to make it look like it was knitted on them. My friend gave me one in the 80's and I lost it. She has since passed away and I would love to make that ornament.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum...I hope someone can help you find what you are looking for ; )

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Wow. Toothpicks in it to make it look like it was knitted with them........Are you saying that part of the mini sweater (ornament) wasn't finished and that some yarn was included and then the toothpicks were inserted into the sweater? Sweet idea!!

I wonder if that......well, I'm tired..BUT, good news:

Knitting pattern central has knit ornament of all kinds. They're to die for, too. I've done your surfing and these are complete tiny sweaters, some (if not all) are cabeled and totally sweet; Hanger are made of wire......? Two links; Look under the M/s = Minutia sweater ornaments:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/christmas.php

Nite-Nite!!
~~~~~~~~~~
Nonan said:
Hi, I'm NonaN. I have knitted for years, but have been unable to get started lately. If anyone has a pattern for a Christmas ornament that is a knitted sweater with toothpicks in it to make it look like it was knitted on them. My friend gave me one in the 80's and I lost it. She has since passed away and I would love to make that ornament.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not good at changing patterns. Maybe someone has the magazine from the 80's Work Basket. I forgot to mention that was where they got the pattern. The magazine is no longer in print. Thanks for looking for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom