Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cable that came out of the metal connector on a Knit Picks circular needle. Is there any way to repair this that will leave the connection area as smooth as it was originally?

·
Registered
199 Posts
My cat chewed the cable on my circular needle (size 2)... twice. Had to order the needle for a third time. Lesson finally learned! Never leave my circular needle project in process on my dining room table!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Catma4 said:
My cat chewed the cable on my circular needle (size 2)... twice. Had to order the needle for a third time. Lesson finally learned! Never leave my circular needle project in process on my dining room table!
The cats do have a fascination with knitting needles and yarn.

:)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have used Gorilla glue to repair the cords. Knit Picks will replace it. Be careful using Gorilla glue, a tiny amount will hold it. Gorilla glue blows up in volume. If you do over glue it you can file it down. I tend to use the repaired cords for "holders".

·
Registered
370 Posts
Catma4 said:
I have a pup with a confused identity, she has eaten two of my bamboo needle-sets. I guess I am a slow learner!

:oops:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Loramarin said:
I have used Gorilla glue to repair the cords. Knit Picks will replace it. Be careful using Gorilla glue, a tiny amount will hold it. Gorilla glue blows up in volume. If you do over glue it you can file it down. I tend to use the repaired cords for "holders".
I will try to the Gorilla glue - it sounds like a great idea. I couldn't bear to throw the cords away so still have them. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Loramarin said:
I will try to the Gorilla glue - it sounds like a great idea. I couldn't bear to throw the cords away so still have them. Thanks!
Loramarin REALLY means it about the Gorilla glue expanding! I'd recommend that you put a few drops on a sheet of paper and watch this reaction as it bubbles up/dries/cures. Then you can judge for yourself how much you should use inside the cable cap.

·
Registered
447 Posts
lehay2000 said:
I have cable that came out of the metal connector on a Knit Picks circular needle. Is there any way to repair this that will leave the connection area as smooth as it was originally?
I had that problem also. I called Knit Picks and they replaced the cable, free of charge. Great Company, love their needles.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Knitpicks is very good at replacing items that are not satisfactory, at no cost with no restrictions regarding a time limit.

Glues can be tricky. Super glue forms a hard "crystallized" bond that usually doesn't last very long on items that must remain flexible. Two part epoxy, sometimes works well as does Gorilla Glue, though neither is perfect.

I've often wondered what adhesives are used by manufacturers that the rest of us can't get our hands on!

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Knitpick's doesn't actually produce these items, they are merely a "retailer". Knitpick's and Knitter's pride are produced by the same manufacturer, although Knitpicks has a long history of standing behind any product they sell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom