Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have really enjoyed reading this forum and have learned so much. I am a new knitter and I am asking for clarification on an afghan pattern that I am knitting for my daughter. The afghan is made in squares.
With CA, cast on 20 sts. Work in St st, begin K row for 5", end P row. With CB, K 1 row. With CB work in Rev St st for 3". Bind off. I have the first part okay but need help with the CB part. Thanks so much

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
rev st st is a reverse stockinette stitch and it just means that you will work another k row to reverse which is the right side and which is the wrong side...if you end with a purl row, and then begin with k row, you are going to have to double up with a second knit row...then your right/wrong sides will be switched

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear Bunnie: In that afghan pattern they are telling you that when you get to color B you do reverse stokinette stitch. That means that you purl on the right side and knit on the wrong side. You are reversing your stitches. Stokinette means you knit on the right side and purl on the wrong. You are reversing what you did with Color A. Does that make any sense to you?? I do hope so. It is frustrating to begin a pattern and have to stop cold because there is no one to interpret a pattern for you. I'm working on a mohair lace shawl right now that has several stitches on the reverse side that call for knitting some of the purl stitches. Let me tell you, unless your paying attention it's easy to slip up.

·
Registered
697 Posts
And you are a beginner? I just started getting serious about knitting last fall, and I had a terrible time learning the language...When I read your post I thought WOW, I have no idea what she is talking about, I am more than a beginner...you are doing well, congrats! Please post a picture of the afghan when you are done, I would love to see it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Bunnie said:
Hello everyone, I have really enjoyed reading this forum and have learned so much. I am a new knitter and I am asking for clarification on an afghan pattern that I am knitting for my daughter. The afghan is made in squares.
With CA, cast on 20 sts. Work in St st, begin K row for 5", end P row. With CB, K 1 row. With CB work in Rev St st for 3". Bind off. I have the first part okay but need help with the CB part. Thanks so much
As I read this -after you completed the 5" which ends in a purl row. The CB is another color. Knitt the first row and continue in Rev St ( reverse stockinette stitch) for 3 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom