Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of my fellow venders at Big Flea RI does repurposing of old pieces. I am going to make sure he checks this and the other ideas out. A little inspiration never hurts.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh huh, a quick search turns up all kinds of great uses. I was amazed, once again, at how creative people are.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for doing that, I was out first thing this morning and thought "how rude was that?" and came on to do a quick search to add that in.
Sorry about that.
I wish I were that clever!

Jessica-Jean said:
Right you are! http://tinyurl.com/k68vl99

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Some people can think outside the box! Great idea. I bought two changing baby stations. One is beside my bed like a nightstand. The top shelf holds a lamp, kleenex box and other nondescript things. The other two shelves hold books that I read before turning out the light. My other one is at the foot of the stairs and holds magazines that I subscribe to and want to keep.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
jelun2 said:
I realized after putting this in chit chat that links might be a better spot. I know that's where I search when I think...Hmmm, I believe I saw something about...

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/turn-an-old-crib-into-a-work-b-155012
It's hard to buy a used crib bec of the liability of the side dropping and the baby falling out. so this is an excellent idea for use of a crib. But what is the MFD that she used to line the bottom with?? Is it simply plywood??

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Back in the 70's when I was a teen, I turned our old wrought iron baby bed into a love seat. My dad installed braces so the frame was stable with only 3 sides, then I painted it white. I made 2 "mattresses" with layers of quilt batting, one for the bottom and one for the back and then made some throw pillows for it. I stitched ties on both so they would slide around. I used it -for years- when I first moved away from home.

·
Premium Member
81,181 Posts
dotcarp2000 said:
It's hard to buy a used crib bec of the liability of the side dropping and the baby falling out. so this is an excellent idea for use of a crib. But what is the MFD that she used to line the bottom with?? Is it simply plywood??
In this case, MDF is Medium-Density Fiberboard. It is NOT plywood. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-density_fibreboard

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Checking out MFD it certainly seems to be your typical plywood. Medium density fiberboard...

dotcarp2000 said:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom