Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Hello

I love the scarf. I think with all the ribbing, that helps it to lie flat. Also if you use a soft wool, angora or alpaca you can block it to lie flat.

I have found that it is acrylic yarn that curls

Discussion starter · #5 ·
CrystalP said:
Look up a scarf called 'Palindrome,' it is reversable and has a cable in it, it's very pretty. I made one, and I do plan on making another.
This is the pattern site I already posted for the scarves I'm making. Thanks anyway

tenaj said:
CrystalP said:
Look up a scarf called 'Palindrome,' it is reversable and has a cable in it, it's very pretty. I made one, and I do plan on making another.
This is the pattern site I already posted for the scarves I'm making. Thanks anyway
I made this scarf for my mil, but I made it twice as wide. I used Lion Brand Tweed Stripes (acrylic). I loved doing it, and she loves wearing it. I plan to make more from this pattern in future. I only wish there was a way to obtain the yarn used in the original (see link). That is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for the pattern. Using a needle size smaller than recommended, it is very dense and warm...now she wants a sweater in the same pattern. ???

Sandrel said:
I love this pattern ! Have made many scarves with this pattern. They also have a matching hat Cool !!!
Please where is the link to the matching hat. I went on her site but could not find it. Matching hat and scarf would make nice Christmas gifts.
Thank you
Judy

carolky said:
tenaj said:
CrystalP said:
I made this scarf for my mil, but I made it twice as wide. I used Lion Brand Tweed Stripes (acrylic). I loved doing it, and she loves wearing it. I plan to make more from this pattern in future. I only wish there was a way to obtain the yarn used in the original (see link). That is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for the pattern. Using a needle size smaller than recommended, it is very dense and warm...now she wants a sweater in the same pattern. ???
You can find it on EBay. I love this yarn and have jealously kept as much as I could afford to buy. It is wonderful to work with and everything I made with it turned out beautifully.

Thanks for the pattern and I now know what to do with my Lion Brand Tweed Stripes yarn that I've been saving for something special. Love that yarn--it works up so pretty! :thumbup: :-D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom