Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
There are different varieties and sizes of ribbon yarn. I had one ribbon which was 3/8 inch wide. I used that to make the Kansas City Cowl. I have some that are 1 inch wide and has an open edging. I used that to accent some of my purses.

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
I check Ravelry for ideas. I do a yarns search for the yarn I have then select projects. The projects will usually give you a lot of ideas.
If you look at the distributer's web site, you may be able to find patterns using the yarn.
Some yarns don't have many projects on Ravelry or on the distributers web site, hopefully yours will.
I usually use ladder yarns as a carry along to give a shiny appearance to another yarn. I pair it with a coordinating color.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have a pattern that has ribbon yarn (bulky) and after making the table runner with elongated stitches it is thread threw those as an accent. Will post picture when it is done. Got the kit from Annie's Hook and Needle Club.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Joan L said:
My ignorance is showing. I have no idea what a person uses the beautiful ribbon yarn for. Its beautiful, but my imagination is lacking. Please tell me!!!!
If someone can tell me how to attach a photo, I can send one of a sweater I knitted partially with ribbon yarn. BC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom