Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the Rio Olympics Opening (many hours). I thought it was a fabulous, artistic, unique and entertaining presentation. Wish all competitors the best (especially the Aussies).

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
alan55 said:
Being sport it's not really something I follow. I don't mind watching the girls doing the gymnastics etc. but the rest is a little boring.
I'm with you, I'm definitely no athlete. But I do enjoy watching the gymnastics and Michael Phelps' swimming events. A local girl is on the swim team, and I will hear enough on the local news to not have to watch her events. I have to get up early every morning, so staying up until midnight to watch TV won't work. Watched some of the opening ceremonies last night and recorded the rest. The problem with recording is finding the time later to watch!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't get the Olympics on my TV so I missed the Opening Ceremonies but I am excited about the Israeli athletes this year. I especially would like their gymnast to win gold! She is so good and deserves to win this year! Maybe I'm just prejudice because I'm Jewish, but watch her, she really is good!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't get the Olympics on my TV so I missed the Opening Ceremonies but I am excited about the Israeli athletes this year. I especially would like their gymnast to win gold! She is so good and deserves to win this year! Maybe I'm just prejudice because I'm Jewish, but watch her, she really is good!

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
PeninaM said:
Our TV coverage is very selective and usually only shows the very top competitors in any given sport, and not all sports are shown. There is probably a web site with more complete coverage, but unfortunately, I don't have time to watch every minute of Olympic coverage. If I could just function without any sleep! (and didn't have to cook or clean the house.... :sm01:

·
Registered
14,696 Posts
I hope all the athletes do well, but especially the Americans and most especially those that train here in Colorado Springs at the Olympic Training Center. When they do well, and win it's like our whole community won. But what I'm really hoping for is the games to be peaceful.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
krashdragon said:
The comments I read from the guys said the opening ceremonies were an embarrassment to Brazil. ...

Didnt see them, too tired to hook up the tv in my truck.
An embarrassment to Brazil??? Why would Brazilians be embarrassed about their history and/or culture? Found out things I never knew before.

I have only watched the first 2 hours (can't stay up all night anymore), but thought they were wonderful. The program commentators said Brazil had 1/10th the budget of the London games so they decided to invest in a fantastic projection unit. The program was supposed to represent Brazil's history and culture in an artistic way, which I thought they did a fantastic job of, at least in the first 2 hours. Hope to catch up later on today. Hope the last part is as good as the first.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I recorded the Opening Ceremony last night and started watching it on NBC. I was glad that I recorded it so I could fast-forward through the hundreds of commercials. They cut right into parts of the ceremony. NBC's coverage of this Olympics is as bad as previous years. More commercials than events.

Both NBC and USA channels will be showing events. USA has some of the less popular events that NBC never shows.

Thank goodness for my DVR.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I enjoyed the opening ceremony and especially liked the singers. Some really great voices. Turned it on earlier today and it was the bicycle race. Now really, how long can we be expected to watch that? Had to tune out. I'll watch again later.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I always get totally confused .... the time difference, when to watch something, which channel. I think I end up seeing good stuff by accident. But truly, it is all good stuff. I admire the athletes and their families and coaches.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
RosieC said:
I always get totally confused .... the time difference, when to watch something, which channel. I think I end up seeing good stuff by accident. But truly, it is all good stuff. I admire the athletes and their families and coaches.
You can check you cable schedule to see the schedule. Or go to the Olympics website, and see it there.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom