Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
boss said:
Hi has anyone managed to download a free copy of this pattern my daughter in law has requested this (along with several other garments for my grandchildren!!)
This is a paid pattern, so giving you a copy of it would be copyright infringement.
It's only $5.50, for goodness' sake! Just buy the thing! You would pay more for a burger and fries!

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
It is, of course, on Ravelry for $5.50 which I think is very reasonable for something this unique and attractive. It was published in the Interweave Crochet of Winter 2010--you could check with friends if they have it. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/riverstone-cardigan

If your DIL really likes this, maybe she could spring for the price. It's nice to get free patterns but at the same time respect for a designer and all the efforts put into the creation is a must.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a very interesting design, if it were knitted ( I prefer to knit) I would have less hesitation about buying the pattern but dont want to spend that amount on the pattern if its impossible for me to do!!!

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
boss said:
Its a very interesting design, if it were knitted ( I prefer to knit) I would have less hesitation about buying the pattern but dont want to spend that amount on the pattern if its impossible for me to do!!!
I suppose someone could find a way to knit it instead of crochet. Although now that I think of it, I'm not sure if that would be copyright infringement, too.

·
Registered
15,751 Posts
boss said:
It is a lovely sweater. I also think $5.50 is a very reasonable price for such a nice fitting sweater pattern. If you don't want to pay what it's worth, then do what Ask4j suggests & ask your DIL to buy it for you. If you purchase the pattern, you can always contact the designer for help or you can ask here on KP if you have any trouble with the pattern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom