Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knitting hats for charity, & one of the patterns I'm using is a straight stockinette stitch knitted on circular needles. The first two hats did not roll, but the last two are rolling at the base. Can anyone tell me what I may have done different? What to do to prevent this? How can I fix the ones that have rolled, other than ripping them out or crocheting an edge? Thank you, it's nice to have a way to get these problems solved/fixed!

·
Registered
231 Posts
knittingagain said:
I'm knitting hats for charity, & one of the patterns I'm using is a straight stockinette stitch knitted on circular needles. The first two hats did not roll, but the last two are rolling at the base. Can anyone tell me what I may have done different? What to do to prevent this? How can I fix the ones that have rolled, other than ripping them out or crocheting an edge? Thank you, it's nice to have a way to get these problems solved/fixed!
It may be the type of yarn you are using. I use a similiar pattern in stockinette stitch for Chemo Caps and the pattern is designed to roll up. Some yarns roll more quickly than others.

If you do not want it to roll I would suggest that you knit a rib pattern (Knit 2 Purl 2) at the beginning say for 6 rows before you switch over to the stockinette stitch. Or you could knit a few rows in the garter stitch or the moss stitch in the beginning.

Hope this is of help to you.

Charity Knitter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom