Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another version of this scarf which has been posted by a few different people. This one is done in a lighter weight yarn somewhere between fingering and sport, a silk, merino blend. I cast on 240 stitches instead of 180 and 25 rows instead of 20.
One more Christmas present done!

The pattern is a video tutorial posted here

Attachments

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Wow, it is beautiful!
I think it can probably be warn over the head too, and looks like it is warm also...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sheedyone said:
Thanks for posting the pics. Usually I do not read the crochet posts as I am not skilled in that. The video is great and I think I will try this one...looks fast and very pretty.
It is fast but if you use the thinner yarn, as i did, I had to keep switching to other projects because of the repetitive motion. After the cast on, it's only one stitch. I think I'm going to try it in a bulky yarn next.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funknitter said:
Does anyone have a written pattern for this?
With worsted weight yarn, chain 180, join to first ch. without twisting. Ch 5, *sk 1 ch, in next ch, pull loop through and chain 2, yo and pull through both loops on hook, ch 1*. I think this is called an extended sc. Make 10 or 20 rounds depending on width desired. For the last stitch, don't ch 1 at the end but sl st into the next stitch and tie off.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks so much for this - I work best from written instructions.

CrochetyLady said:
Funknitter said:
With worsted weight yarn, chain 180, join to first ch. without twisting. Ch 5, *sk 1 ch, in next ch, pull loop through and chain 2, yo and pull through both loops on hook, ch 1*. I think this is called an extended sc. Make 10 or 20 rounds depending on width desired. For the last stitch, don't ch 1 at the end but sl st into the next stitch and tie off.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funknitter said:
Thanks so much for this - I work best from written instructions.

CrochetyLady said:
Funknitter said:
:) You're welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom