Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Wow. He certainly is distinctive. My friends and one sister-in - law have this condition. Being women they use make up to hide the problem. My sister in law has black hair and one beutiful white patch. She is proud of it now as so many think she has especially dyed it

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I have vitiligo & tried various bronzers to make it look better but all that happens is that the brown patches turn orange while the white patches improve. If anyone knows of anything to help I would be glad to know.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My late husband had vitiligo affecting his hands, an inherited condition - his mother would not co-operate with the researchers so we never discovered how far back the problem existed. He was not worried about it, and did not try to mask it in any way.

Edna C

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
My hubby has it. It is really only noticible when the good skin tans & the white skin doesn't. We worry about it getting burned. His mother also has it & my mother did as well. So far, I only have two or three very small spots which aren't noticible at all. At my age (I'll be 70 later this month) I am not going to worry about it. I'm not sure I would call it an unusual condition. I seem to be seeing more people with it.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to everybody for looking and commenting about it ! I was raised to treat people and animals with dignity and respect until they will force me otherwise ! Those with different pigmentation didn't choose it,- it just have happened ! My very best wishes to everyone of you always ! Fialka.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom