Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have knit many ruffled scarfs using Red Heart sashay ,but the last lot was terriable lots of big old holes and sevearl knots .I was not happy.Is their anyone using a diff yarn? This is the only one I have tried. Also are their any spring colors out .These would be beautiful in spring colors,Thanks

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
piroutte and starbella. I have use almost all of the brand I can find. I love the piroutte it is gracefull and full. A little more pricy but worth it to me...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have used several different brands of yarn. Not all skeins have had knots but once in a while even the best have had knots. I have decide that I like the ICE yarns the best. They have several different ones. The price is reasonable even after paying for the shipping from Turkey. The only draw back is you cannot buy single skeins. I sat here on the internet one Saturday evening and ordered the yarn. I had it on Wednesday.
Another place to look is if you have a Hobby Lobby near you. Their house brand has been good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Berroco lacy is a great yarn for ruffles and when you buy the yarn there is a pattern inside the wrapping with instructions on how to use this great yarn. It automatically makes ruffles as you go along. You can go to their website and there is a video on how to use it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i ordered from them wednesday morning-came home yesterday and it was here--from turkey--could not believe it. arrived in tact too. sometime back i ordered from here in the states and took almost 2 weeks to get my yarn. i definitely will order from them again and again.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would contact the company and tell them the problem you are having with this package of yarn and that you had used it before without a problem. I did that with yarn that had lots of knots and they replaced my yarn. I offered to send back the yarn, but they didn't require me to do that. I told them how many knots and flaws I was having. They sent the same brand and color and they were all fine.

·
Registered
57,590 Posts
jackie1595 said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I'll try the ice yarn. I just knitted one with ribbon yarn and didn't like it.
Which one from Ice yarns are you planning making. (Salsa, Flamenco, Samba, or Ballerina) I made the ballerina glitz green color with gold trim. The mesh was very fine. The only problem beside having a lge knot the yarn was torn about 2 inches inside of the yarn. This was right in the middle so I couldn't cut it out.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Do you have Michael's where you live? Their Loops and Threads Charisma yarn is so soft and works up beautifully. It is $4.49 a skein but is almost always on sale for $2.99. A bunch of my friends and I made numerous scarves this winter using their variegated yarn. It looked like we knew how to make stripes!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom