Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am teaching myself to knit. The first thing I did was make these two ruffled scarfs. I wasn't sure how to "display" them so I just layed them down. Hopefully you can see them well enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alpaca Farmer and Bewilderedbev.

I have always been a crocheter. I have never knitted anything. I don't even know anyone who knits. So these two scarfs were the very first things I've ever knitted. I also did another ruffed scarf in variegated purples. I'm now on my third scarf for the 3 grandsons. I'm just doing knit stitch on those. I'm also working on my very first knit hat. I am totally addicted to knitting right now, and having so much fun.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much everyone. I never was one to take the easy route to learn anything. I just jump in with both feet. Those scarves and all the increases surely wore on my patience. But it was so fun on the first one, as I did the bind off I got to watch it start to twist and ruffle. It made it all worth while.

I crochet a lot of reversible baby afghans. I've watched the 2 sided knitting several times. That will eventually be another project I will want to try. Socks, I'm totally afraid of at this point. But if I get to take some knitting classes that may be something I will try. Right now I'm working on my first hat. I'm on the first row of decreases. So far so good. :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom