Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My granddaughter asked for a scarf in her college colors to wear for graduation instead of a lei. Her colors are red and black. Her favorite is Ronda but I have searched that one with no luck. Has anyone found this color combination and where? I would really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Annette Hilliard said:
My granddaughter asked for a scarf in her college colors to wear for graduation instead of a lei. Her colors are red and black. Her favorite is Ronda but I have searched that one with no luck. Has anyone found this color combination and where? I would really appreciate your help.
Euro Tinseltown is a red/black ladder type ruffle yarn. I think I saw it on WEBS for $11.95. I searched online but couldn't find Katia Ronda in the red/black combination. However, it runs to my mind that I have this yarn someplace in my stash but I don't remember if I have it in red with black edge or black with red edge. Also, this part of my stash is difficult for me to locate anything in because we had to have some construction work done on the house, I was ill, and my DH just tossed everything into plastic storage crates willy-nilly. I will look for it but it will take a while. How soon do you need it?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Is this more or less what you are looking for? Just received this ruffle yarn from Yarn Paradise (Ice yarns) yesterday. The shipping is scary expensive but, as I posted yesterday, when I figured out the price per skein (I ordered 32 skeins total) it came to $ 2.40 per skein. Not bad, huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
North Pole said:
Annette Hilliard said:
Euro Tinseltown is a red/black ladder type ruffle yarn. I think I saw it on WEBS for $11.95. I searched online but couldn't find Katia Ronda in the red/black combination. However, it runs to my mind that I have this yarn someplace in my stash but I don't remember if I have it in red with black edge or black with red edge. Also, this part of my stash is difficult for me to locate anything in because we had to have some construction work done on the house, I was ill, and my DH just tossed everything into plastic storage crates willy-nilly. I will look for it but it will take a while. How soon do you need it?
I was mistaken about the yarn. what I have is Filatura di Crosa Operadarte in red with a black edge. It is similar to the Ronda but not quite as wide so it would make a narrower ruffle. If you search for Operadarte yarn online you can find pictures. I don't know if it still on the market but I am willing to sell mine if the Tinseltown doesn't do it for your granddaughter.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom