Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed there are a lot of people that use the Russian Join, I like this join but can never remember how to do it, so have to go to YouTube every time...Is there a method for remembering how to do it. TAI :sm12:

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
When I learn a new "method" I also have to consult Youtube alot. After a while... I "get it" and it's embedded in my head. Practice and doing it over and over works for me. But, if there's a better or faster way I too would like to learn it.

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
I have never had any trouble remembering it. How I think of it is you are actually weaving a strand of yarn back in on itself. If you make an X with the two pieces of yarn that you want to join, look at the X. The join is actually the center of the X. Using a yarn needle, take the top of the left X strand and weave it down to the bottom right of the X. Then put the top right of the X through a yarn needle and pull it through to the bottom left of the X.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sooo sorry people its not the Russian Join its the knot that wont come undone.. thanks for the advice for this one, but I use acrylic UK DK so I either have to leave a tail to sew in or do the knot, and its the knot I find difficult to remember how to do.
elaine_1 said:
I have noticed there are a lot of people that use the Russian Join, I like this join but can never remember how to do it, so have to go to YouTube every time...Is there a method for remembering how to do it. TAI :sm12:

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
elaine_1 said:
Sooo sorry people its not the Russian Join its the knot that wont come undone.. thanks for the advice for this one, but I use acrylic UK DK so I either have to leave a tail to sew in or do the knot, and its the knot I find difficult to remember how to do.
Now you have me confused. The Russian Join has no knots. Is it the Magic Knot that you are talking about?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
elaine_1 said:
I found a tutorial for Magic Yarn that had a diagram. I just printed it out and keep it in my knitting bag-- easy to glance at to jog the memory. Sorry but don't have the link handy, but Google it and I'm sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
I use acrylics almost exclusively.
I've never had a Russian Join come loose---in the wash, kid's rough play, caught in a car door---never.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom