1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! This is awesome! I'm trying to convert completely to Continental and my hands are so hardwired that I have a hard time with coordination with the standard Continental purl. I have done the regular Russian purl (had not idea it was an actual , regularly performed method!!) in just trying to figure out a way to simplify the purl, but didn't want to have to worry about then knitting into the back to correct the twisted purls. I'll try this tonight!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you so much for this link. I finally have figured out why my purl stitches were so tight. They are getting twisted when doing Continental style in the round. I have watched the video and it is amazing how much easier it is to do a purl stitch esp. with ribbing in the round. Since I taught myself to knit nearly 2 years ago I have been able to knit either Continental or European style (throwing the yarn). Because I crocheted for years and was use to holding the yarn/thread in my left hand but found it easier to learn to throw my yarn/thread. Anyhow thanks again for this link. Now my purl stitches won't be tight as before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom