Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
It would help you get more responses if your title is more explicit, such as searching for pattern, need a knitter, need help with pattern or stitch.

Is that a commercially-made sweater? There might not be a pattern available for it.

Have you tried to search for the pattern, if that's what you need? Try Ravelry.com.

What's the source of your picture?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I think Ravelry is your best friend. Have you knitted cables? They're not difficult but an allover cable pattern is a bit much for a first time cable project. A caution: select a pattern made with cables, not a plain sweater pattern. Cables pull work in and require more stitches for the same width.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to every one of you. yes I want to knit myself and yes it is commercially knitted sweater. did the sample rib pattern and waiting for yarn to deliver. I will share the sample pattern. The yarn I am going to use Shibui Tweed silk cloud Coll\or Pollen. Thanks again for helping me and providing all the detailed patterns.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This has 2 different cables going, one leaning right against one leaning left and also they are staggered so one cable is in the middle section of the other ones loop. You can see 6 cables on the back,but I believe there are 2 more on each side you can not see for a total of 8 cables in back. The sleeves probably have 4 cables.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
MOCK-CABLE-EYELET-KNIT-STITCH--lovely pattern stitch from knitting kingdom

Pattern is in chart, I do not know how to read this chart. What those symbols mean??

Can some one convert this to text, I kindly request and much appreciated.

·
Registered
157,688 Posts
Zinzin said:
https://www.knittingkingdom.com/mock-cable-eyelet-knit-stitch/

MOCK-CABLE-EYELET-KNIT-STITCH--lovely pattern stitch from knitting kingdom

Pattern is in chart, I do not know how to read this chart. What those symbols mean??

Can some one convert this to text, I kindly request and much appreciated.
The circle is a yarn over. The half triangle with the corner on bottom right is a right leaning decrease, usually a k2tog and the half triangle with the corner on bottom left is a left leaning decrease, either a ssk or a skp, which is the same stitch.

The dots are purl on the front side and knit on the reverse. The rest are knit on the front and purl on the reverse side.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
run4fittness said:
The circle is a yarn over. The half triangle with the corner on bottom right is a right leaning decrease, usually a k2tog and the half triangle with the corner on bottom left is a left leaning decrease, either a ssk or a skp, which is the same stitch.

The dots are purl on the front side and knit on the reverse. The rest are knit on the front and purl on the reverse side.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom