Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody, I wrote a Kindle book short story about the experience of sailing from the Connecticut shoreline through "the race" to open ocean to Block Island.
I already got a 5 star rating. Its a fun short story, only $0.99, or read for "free on Kindle Unlimited"

The cover page picture is a picture of my own oil painting while being on a Catalina 30 sailboat.

Sincerely, Cathy

Attachments

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very, very much. I am working on my next short story, "The Fight with the Sea." I'm doing an oil painting to take a picture of, and upload when I publish to Kindle Books. Anyone can easily publish electronically to Kindle, just set up your account, including bank account to deposit the royalties, and upload your Microsoft Word file, upload a picture for your cover, and then put in the title and your name. You cannot publish under a different name than your checking account. No pen names. That's my understanding so far. You will get a 1099 at the end of the tax year.

Once again, thank you for reading my short story.

Sincerely, Cathy

KnitnNat said:
Thanks for letting us know . I will read right away.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KnitnNat said:
Thanks for letting us know . I will read right away.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. My first month live on Kindle with a book under $2.99 allowed me to earn 70 cents, ($0.70) because only 2 people bought it. Amazon debited my account for $1.00 for some unknown reason, I'm not going to ask. Maybe because my sales were so small. I think that if you charge more than $3 for your Kindle book, you earn 70% royalties, instead of 35%. But for a short story, I thought 99 cents ($0.99) was adequate.

· Registered
3,354 Posts
No, I remember there were Maniseans and Aloquins (sp.) My grandfather was captain of the Roddy that went down in 1957 near New Port. My father and uncle were saved. I went to high school there and woeked at the icecream stand in the Old Harbour.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bundyanne07 said:
Congratulations on writing your book, something that is not that easy to do and it is one I am sure my husband would like to read.
The only 'book' I have ever written was my life story to date when I turned seventy and our daughter had a publisher publish a few copies for our immediate family.
If you have a Microsoft Word Document (or other formats Amazon supports), it is super easy to publish to electronic book = Kindle edition.
Follow the directions, take a picture of your cover, upload the cover, set up your bank account to receive the royalties, and go for it!!!

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MrsMurdog said:
I guess I better get busy illustrating the short story I wrote last fall.
Yes, you should. I'm working on my second short story now. Doing an oil painting to take a picture of, to upload for the cover. Don't worry about the words, Amazon has a way to put the words on your picture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom