Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
80,970 Posts
hobbyknit said:
OMG Ice yarns are having a sale! I simply cannot buy another ball of yarn.
I've finally figured out that there's o balance in life, at least not in mine.
As a full-time employee, I never had enough time with my kids, nor enough cash to feed my yarny addiction, though I did manage to knit or crochet all the yarn I could get ... only deeply discounted, never at full retail price.
In retirement, I have all the time in the world to work up yarny creations, and loads of cash to buy yarns ... but still only at greatly less than retail. Too many secondhand stores in this city! I don't even look at online sources. :sm13:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I have been recieving (that looked wrong both spellings I tried) yarn ads and nothing has perked my interest. I tell myself that I have lots of yarn and a queue of things to make before I open the things. That seems to help. Who am I kidding. I have no resistance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I before E, except after C. If it wasn't for the rhyme I would never spell correctly! Who comes up with these rules? If it was me, there would be no "exceptions" and spelling would be easier! It must have been a poet who loved to rhyme!????

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
That is a very good idea I think i should take your advise, when I go out and see wool/yarn I need to buy some just in case I need it, I really don't have the will power to walk away without any at all

·
Registered
42,304 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
I've finally figured out that there's o balance in life, at least not in mine.
As a full-time employee, I never had enough time with my kids, nor enough cash to feed my yarny addiction, though I did manage to knit or crochet all the yarn I could get ... only deeply discounted, never at full retail price.
In retirement, I have all the time in the world to work up yarny creations, and loads of cash to buy yarns ... but still only at greatly less than retail. Too many secondhand stores in this city! I don't even look at online sources. :sm13:
That's great you have so many secondhand stores, are they even open.

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
I placed several large orders back in February/March and have been good since and not bought any yarns, my containers all were bursting at the seams...most are still full now even though I'm constantly taking out yarn, I think they were so squashed in they now puff up with extra space ....ive been deleting any emails with yarn for now although I do love to receive squishy mail

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom