Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finished this last week and just gave it to Sasha on Sunday. I was not sure it would fit her. She is my Preemie Granddaughter and her size is hard to judge. Although she is at last catching up with her weight she is still very thin.
I made a size 6 with a 108 cast on. I also reduced it over 2 rows, every 9 & 10 stitch ktg, k5 rows and then every 8&9 ktg. K5 more rows, do a kit row on the purl side and then k12 rows.
Pattern was a special gift from a KP member. Thank You Robin. The pattern worked out perfect.
Simply soft blue with RH Sashy. Used about 3/4 of a ball of the ruffle yarn. Next one I will make using every other stitch on the Sashy to every stitch of the 108 cast on. Plus knit 10 rows in between ruffles.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KatStabe said:
Very nice. Sasha looks very please with her new ruffled skirt.
Thank You. She was, although she said it was too hot to wear all day and she did not want to get is caught on anything..

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BerylC said:
Beautiful work, and a very pretty granddaugher you must be so proud
I am proud of her and her Mom. They sure went through a hard fight. Can not have a favorite but if I could I would say she gets a whole lot more from me than the other grands.
Thank you for your kind comments.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
How sweet,
Love the skirt. But Sasha is a doll!
Count your blessing to have her in your life.

Linda

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LEE1313 said:
How sweet,
Love the skirt. But Sasha is a doll!
Count your blessing to have her in your life.

Linda
Thank You Linda. I do count them every day. She and my daughter almost did not make it. It has been a hard battle but the Blessings and Rewards are worth every bit of the fight.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LadyBecket said:
What an adorable skirt and your granddaughter is just precious in it! I like to see that "yarn" used for something other than scarves. Very pretty!
Thank You Lady Becket. I am working on a poncho type of thing to match the skirt. Should be cute.

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Oh, that is what a ruffle skirt looks like! I had problems imagining what it was. It looks great and she looks very pleased with it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom