Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satisfaction is. . .
Hearing the lids POP when they seal! 7 1/2 pints strawberry jam this afternoon. The berries came from my berry garden next to the deck. I am picking about a quart a day now! I just have to keep the dogs out of them.
Made by Yours truly :)

BTW-I just tried the iCab Mobile to upload the pics from my iPhone. If I still had my iPad this would be even greater to use. The screen is so tiny on the iphone I had problems typing the description. But it works!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
YES! It is good when those lids pop! I made 7 jars of blackberry, and 6 jars of peach this yr. I am down to 4 jars of each, as I give them to others, my BFF, just whoever when the mood hits. I wanted rose jelly this yr, but by the time I found the recipe etc..the nice blooms were gone, but my neighbor had gotten some of my roses, with permission of course, and she made some, so I got a few jars of that. I am making champagne jelly in a few weeks, for Christmas baskets. Recipes for Rose and Champagne can be found online.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Agree-love that pop! Of course, when one doesn't pop you just have to eat it right away. :lol:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I made pear preserves and some marmalade (with out the peels) my strawberry is made as freezer jam. No apples this year so no apple pie filling to be put up. It sure feels good when you get done and see all the jars on the counter. This winter when it's snowing and blowing it sure taste good on your English muffins, oatmeal and homemade bread.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I did a pip-count on a teaspoon of shop berry jam and a teaspoon of home jam, and there was three times as many pips in the home jam.

Doesn't that go to show how much more good fruit and vitamins and less padding there's in home jam.

More power to you :) Drool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom