Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so much yarn in my shed. I looked around the containers and chose these colours. I decided on the stripe pattern and got going. I did four patterns and then reversed the stripes to the end. Now the scarf is 86 inches long. I think an adult would be the best person to wear this. It would wrap around a smaller person multiple times. It was fun. And the weaving in wasn't a problem at all.

Attachments

· Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LizR said:
Very nice scarf. Like Jack and his magic beanstalk it just kept growing. :sm01:
My husband thought it was going to be 14 feet long when I finished it. Nope, just over 7 feet. I'm happy with it and equally happy to be working on a little pullover now in pink and purple.

· Registered
10,064 Posts
don't ever be afraid of long scarves.... and while 86" sounds long, that means it's 43" after putting on and even shorter than than when you take off for the circumference of half your neck.... guys in particular, usually hate scarves too short to tie once and stay in place... I make mine long all the time.... my fave is 12'.... yes, I am tall and I want to go either round my neck once and still have the scarf look in proportion with pants, or I also like to wear over my head before tying.... every scarf has a life of its own and I think this one is great...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom