Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new friends,

I'm Carolyn, and I live in St. Louis MO. I'm a divorced 62-year-old and am have just returned to knitting after 45 years! I never was an accomplished knitter but am determined to learn so I can make some of the beautiful garments, etc. I see in my favorite knit shop. I'm away from home right now with some #7 needles and some pretty red yarn (it looks like kind of an average size and it's a blend of some kind) that I'd like to make into a scarf to wear to keep warm this winter. Does anyone have an idea for a simple pattern I could work on this weekend?

·
Administrator
1,842 Posts
Hey there. We are still working on setting things up. But please feel free to post any questions in the Main section of the forum. We'll try to cover them in the following issues of the newsletter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Carolin I am new to this so excuse any mistakes I am also a seinor and by myself I love knitting I have been knitting a long time off and on I have more time to knit now finally learned to make socks wow I made lots of mistakes in my learning and still do. I do have a lot of patterns of scarves If interested let me know I am just learning the computer so please be patient ha Im a slow learner but it is fun have a good day love

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Carolyn, My name is Tena and I live in St. Louis too. You were asking about a pattern for a scarf? Knit the first 10 rows for bottom boarder and knit 5 stitches for the side boarders, do a stocking stitch in the center to the lat 5 stitches knit those stitches, turn knit the first 5 stitches purl to the last 5 knit those.Makes a real pretty scarf if it is in multi-colors. Have fun knitting!!! Tena Britts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi new friends, My name is Tena, I live in St. Louis, Mo,I have been married almost 31 years.I was taught by my sisters to knit, Mom taught me to crochet.I have made a few afghans usually it take me a minute to finish one. Having two jobs dosen't give alot of time to work on one, so they have to be quick and easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Im new to this site. I taught myself to knit when I was 9 by using the encloypedia. Took me 2 weeks to figure out how to cast on! I do enjoy knitting during the winter months. I am always looking for scarf patterns that a little bit new and edgy but not so complicated that I cant put down and pick up again without giving it a lot of thought (Im much older than 9 now :) If you have any such patterns, feel free to post. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom