Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experienced knitters and crocheters, does anyone have a very simple pattern to crochet or knit for a man's scarf?
I'm also looking for a simple pattern for a babies blanket & lap afghan.

Thanks,
Renee S.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look in Ravelry.com , join, and search for free blanket, hat, scarves and etc. Patterns are free and that's where I get all my patterns for free. I print them and save them in books. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Berroco's "Jasper" scarf is very nice, simple and very suitable for men. Knitty.com (free on-line knitting) magazine is a wonderful source of patterns as is knitting pattern central. I prefer knitty over ravelry as all knitty patterns are available on the site.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Google whatever kind of pattern you are looking for but don't get too specific. you should say "knit hat pattern" or "knit scarf pattern" or "crochet whatever pattern" and I usually add -crochet if I"m looking for a knitting pattern and -knit if I'm searching for a crochet pattern. As suggested, you should first take a look at Lion brand, Red Heart and Bernat and search on the sites. I thnk Lion Brand is the easiest site to navigate when looking for patterns and Bernat next. Red Heart has vastly inproved their site but pattern searches can still be awkward. Each site has a lot of patterns and they are usually rated as to their difficulty. You have to create an account at Lion Brand but it's free and I think they have nore free patterns than anyone else. You'll find other sites you like as you search. Bookmark them so you can find them again. Usually, though, I just Google but I also check Lion Brand and Red Heart frequently. Sign up for their newsletters and you'll get some great ideas. Caron has patterns and a newsletter as well. Google pulls up all the "knit hat" patterns available and will take you to other yarn manufacturers, blogs, ravelry, etc. Going to a yarn site and searching for "knit hat" will give you a lot fewer hits but you will know they are more or less what you are looking for.

·
Registered
22,470 Posts
I would also add the word 'free' in your google search so you pull up sites that have free patterns. Some will have both, so you need to take the time. But have fun with it. You will pick up great ideas as well as run into many blogs on knitting or crocheting. Some of them are really fun and informative.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom