Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my most recent scarf project from my rigid heddle loom. This time I was able to get it 72+" long and the fringe on top of that. The sort of architectural detail is made by Brook's Bouquet on every 10th pick. By the end, it was starting to feel a little rigid, so I added a few inches of grey weft instead of black and then made the twisted fringes different lengths to add a little playfulness. Sorry I don't know what the yarn is--unlabeled stuff from my stash. I forgot my recent struggles with using for warp anything that has mohair like features to it, which the grey warp did, ugh. It did make a pleasing weave, though. I even had a couple of broken warp lines, but I learned to fix those well enough. My being careless about figuring out if I had enough of the variegated yarn to warp a full middle actually worked out for me: I had to do a hail Mary and find more of the grey yarn in my not-yet organized stash to do the wide grey warp area--which I did, and as I rather like asymmetry, think it works just fine here. No pattern, just made it up as I went.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for you kind and encouraging comments. I just started weaving in April this year--a benefit of this crazy sequestering year -- and am really enjoying it. Like many creative things, it is a dance between technical and creative spontaneity, and as an artist, I tend toward the spontaneity end of the spectrum. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I get something to be tucked away in hiding as a lesson.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom