Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this in a newsletter. I'm pretty sure you can download without being a member, but not completely positive about that:

"Of all the knitting patterns, scarves are truly a knitter's staple. They're wonderful gifts, fabulous stash-busters, and a fun way to work with new stitch patterns and yarns. These seven free scarf knitting patterns offer a range of difficulty from easy scarf knitting patterns to challenging (and fun!) patterns. I know you will find at least one knit scarf pattern, most likely two or three, that will strike your fancy! Download this week's recommended eBook to enjoy expanding your collection of scarf patterns." http://tinyurl.com/n8gotu6

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
You do have to subscribe to the email news letter and to the site. It's totally free. I have downloaded like 30+ eBooks from the site in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
24,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I'm liking that cream one, and I'd seen the color work one before (maybe on KP) and grabbed the pattern ASAP! Reminds me a little of the Babette afghan that I made a long time ago (and adore!). I bought the pattern, and you can find it on Ravelry, but here's a page that explains you can do it without a pattern if you can crochet granny squares (& now that I think of it, with the right colors and yarn weight, plus varying the sizes, a knit mitred square blanket would be similar). http://tinyurl.com/l9jzu9u

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Thanks, I could not pick one of those scarves. I will have to do them all. And then what will I do with them? But they are beautiful and different.

·
Registered
24,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MissNettie said:
Thanks, I could not pick one of those scarves. I will have to do them all. And then what will I do with them? But they are beautiful and different.
Ha! Know what you mean. But the holidays have a way of arriving before we're ready for them, and these would be terrific gifts, if you could bear to give any away! (I'm starting to sound like a Knitting Daily ad - no affiliation, I swear.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom