Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting Team Spirit scarves for a fundraiser but I am not exactly happy with the results. Has anyone used this yarn for a scarf and what pattern did you use? I am sort of making my own pattern this yarn is daunting as I am not sure it will go over as well as "normal" yarn. Suggestions will be very welcomed. thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I did want to knit a scarf with 2 cables, I think the stripe is better. I am now knitting this and I am more satisfied with the result. The "unexpectedness" of the color change is what threw me a curve, as I can't really predict when the color will change. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
jmscheer said:
While I did want to knit a scarf with 2 cables, I think the stripe is better. I am now knitting this and I am more satisfied with the result. The "unexpectedness" of the color change is what threw me a curve, as I can't really predict when the color will change. Thank you for your input.
yes it does its own thing!! cables are really not on the menu. am doing scarfs for local schools around here(6-8),can't do my kids high school because it is BLUE and GOLD. the color they have is NAVY and GOLD. cannot do that!!! i have to go out and buy ROYAL BLUE and do my own. i use Red Heart Super Saver all the time. if you want it softer,take label off, put fingers in center and stretch outwards,loosen it up. wash with softener, and dry with sheet dryer. it will get softer but NOT baby soft.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I put another matching color, say black for the red and black, kept it simple and it turned out nice--warmer too.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
ksemisch said:
I put another matching color, say black for the red and black, kept it simple and it turned out nice--warmer too.
this is for a high school, the kids are picky. want ONLY their colors and nothing else inbetween. BLUE and GOLD---ONLY!! Thank You

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The colors for my grandson's school are Royal & Gold also & we have that at our JoAnn's store. Did you check with the Red Heart folks?
albie said:
yes it does its own thing!! cables are really not on the menu. am doing scarfs for local schools around here(6-8),can't do my kids high school because it is BLUE and GOLD. the color they have is NAVY and GOLD. cannot do that!!! i have to go out and buy ROYAL BLUE and do my own. i use Red Heart Super Saver all the time. if you want it softer,take label off, put fingers in center and stretch outwards,loosen it up. wash with softener, and dry with sheet dryer. it will get softer but NOT baby soft.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
blavell said:
The colors for my grandson's school are Royal & Gold also & we have that at our JoAnn's store. Did you check with the Red Heart folks?
yes, the navy/gold is just that , a very dark almost black--navy, our blue is like the bright blue in the red/blue.am going to see if i can c

ontact red heart and see why not?? thank you. couldn't contac t them right now. but they have the royal/gold in boutique sashay team spirit. alright for girls but not for boys. they want solid yarns.
it is the only combo of colors that they don't have that i know of.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I tried knitting a cabled pillow and, like you, was dissatisfied with the color changes. I ended up knitting an infinity scarf using larger needles and two strands and was most happy with the results.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I bought that yarn last year to make Harry Potter scarves. Was very disappointed with the way the first and only scarf turned out because of the color changes, and didn't like the feel or look of the yarn, either. Ended up donating the yarn and the finished scarf to Good Will and using solid color yarn (Caron Simply Soft) for the scarves.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
When I had long hair I did the opposite in the winter - I used fabric softener on my hair (instead of conditioner) to help cut down on static in the dry air.
blavell said:
If you use a little conditioner for hair in the rinse water, this won't happen.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom