Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are instructions but I needed picture of how to cast on stitches. I crochet but never learned to knit and was told these scarves are very easy to make.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm knitting a scarf ... but I'm ready to quit. It doesn't feel enjoyable. I need to try using bamboo needles or throwing instead of continental or start all over with crochet. Too bad I bought 2 balls of yarn!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've made many of the scarves using the Red Heart Sashay ribbon yarn. They are really easy to knit. I've used between 6 and 10 stitches to make them. If you want a longer, thinner scarf, use the smaller numbers. If you want a shorter, thicker scarf, use the larger numbers. They make wonderful gifts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like to make the ends fuller than the middle of the scarf. I use 6 stitches but for the beginning and end of the scarf, I skip 3 loops and for the remaining part of the scarf I skip 2 loops

·
Registered
342 Posts
My sister is making these and she said the trick is to use short bamboo or wooden needles to reduce the chance of slipping. She also skips every other yarn hole at the top. Some videos will show this, It is to reduce the chance of stretching and makes it easier to work. Some are made with six stitches and some with eight.
She can make one of these in an afternoon. They are wildly popular and aren't usually found in stores as yet. She has a dozen orders for Christmas presents and she just started.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't sew the ends in place. I cast off in the usual manner than I tie a knot and cut the end close to the knot It does not show as the ruffle covers the end knot. I also double at the beginning of my scarf

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom